Summer is almost here and the balmy and pleasant weather would soon give way to intense heat and humidity, and for those of us who sweat a lot, the increase in humidity also means greasy skin, clogged pores, and higher chances of breakouts. Though summer is also the season of floral prints and bright hues, it’s also the time to switch up products to battle the heat and greasiness, and stock up these essential products to tackle sticky skin if you sweat a lot.
1. Sunscreen: It’s an absolute skincare essential that one should use all around the year, irrespective of the year. But during summers, switch to light, sheer, matte, and oil-free sunscreens that do not clog the skin or add to the shine. Also, opt for light sunscreens and do not forget to reapply it every two hours if you are spending a lot of time outdoors. Our suggestions would be Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sun Block SPF 30, Lotus Herbals Matte Sunscreen Gel.
2. Makeup Primer: If you have got oily skin, this is a must-have product before you start with makeup. An oil-free BB cream will also do the trick. A good primer helps to prolong the wear of makeup and prevents shine and shine from seeping through. A matte primer would also mattify your face and will let you concentrate on better things than facial oil! Our Suggestions: Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer Mattifying Primer, Lotus Herbals Ecostay Mattifying Primer.
3. Matte Powder: A little bit of pressed powder is enough to take away excess sweat and shine on the face. A matte powder keeps face fresh by eliminating excess oil and shine. Also, you can reapply without re-doing the entir makeup. Our Recommendations: Lakme 9 to 5 Primer + Matte Powder Foundation, MAC Prolong Pressed Powder.
4. Cleansing Facial Wipes: Instead of using regular tissue paper for wiping your face, use cleansing facial wipes as they moisturize and hydrate the skin as well. Our Recommendation: Himalaya Moisturizing Aloe Vera Facial Wipes
5. Rose Water: Pure rose water has soothing and purifying properties and it would be a good idea to use plain rose water as a toner all through the summer instead of alcohol-based ones that would further increase the oiliness.
6. Facial Mist: A good facial mist is absolutely necessary in summers because it can refresh the skin in a jiffy. Some mists also hydrate and moisturize skin. Instead of spending a fortune on these, you can make your own mist by mixing little bit of Vitamin E oil in rose water and spritzing it, as required. This way, you can enjoy the benefits of these ingredients too.
7. Waterproof Mascara: Pandas are cute, but would you want to look like one? No, right! So, in summers, bid adieu to washable mascaras and add waterproof ones in your kitty. They might feel a little uncomfortable to the beginners but they are so worth it! In summer, you’ll have to wipe your face or even wash it with water, but all those procedures won’t make your mascara budge! Now, who would not want that?
8. Pore Refining Products: Pore-refining products such as toners help to clear clogged pores and thoroughly cleanse the skin, eliminating excess oil, impurities and minimize enlarged pores. They help refine skin to keep it clearer and blemish free. Our Suggestion: Kaya Daily Pore Minimising Toner.
9. Blotting Tissues: Dab away all the shine and sheen that shows up on the face and nose area without disturbing carefully-applied makeup with the help of blotting sheets. Our suggestion: Shiseido Blotting Paper.
10. Clay Masks: They are amazing for oily and acne-prone skin types because clay masks absorb oil and soothe irritated skin. Also, clay masks such as these (12 Simple and Quick Homemade Clay Mask Recipes) are excellent to calm down over-working sebaceous glands.
11. Water-Based Moisturizer: Switch from heavy moisturizers to light, water-based moisturizers that would moisturize the skin without making skin too greasy. Our Recommendations: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel and these 10 Best Water Based Moisturizers.
12. After-Sun Soothing Gel: It’s quite common to get sunburns during summers and an after-sun soothing gel should definitely be in your skincare stash to soothe any inflammation or irritation. Even freshly-extracted aloe vera gel prepared using this method would do wonders to1 treat sunburns.