Not wearing a high SPF sunscreen can leave the skin on the arms and even feet severely tanned. Other factors such as accumulation of dead skin cells, inflammation, wrong use of body products, and even hormonal changes can cause darkness of arms and feet. Sometimes, you can observe hands and feet getting dark due to medical conditions as well. In this post, we list down natural ways to lighten hands and feet.
1. Gram Flour and Yogurt Mask: Using ingredients which contain lactic acid like yogurt helps to lighten tan. Lactic acid is one among the best ingredients which can help to slough off the dead skin cells easily and also promote light-toned hands and feet. Take 2 tbsp of gram flour and 2 tbsp of yogurt, mix well, and get it to a paste-like consistency. Apply on the hands and feet for half an hour and wash off with warm water. Repeat this twice a week for visible results.
2. Exfoliate Skin Regularly: Another important thing you should always keep in mind is to exfoliate your skin regularly. Exfoliating your skin can help to slough off the dead skin cells and also remove the dull layer off the skin. It also prevents your pores from getting clogged thus promote glowing skin. You can make this amazing papaya and oats exfoliator at home for bright and glowing skin.
3. Moisturizing not only helps to keep your skin hydrated, it also does help to keep it bright and clean. Take some hand cream/ body cream and massage your skin with this. Keeping your skin hydrated, moisturized and supple is another important thing to keep your skin glowing and clean. You can use ingredients like cocoa butter, coconut oil or aloe vera gel to hydrate your skin.
4. Protect your skin from sun: Protecting your skin from the sun can help to prevent it from getting further tanned. Skipping the sunscreen can worsen the tan, so pick a good sunscreen with a higher SPF to prevent further tanning.
5. Turmeric and Milk Mask: Turmeric is one among the easily available ingredients which can help to lighten your hands and feet. Due to essential antioxidants and curcumin present in the turmeric, it can help to slow down the production of melanin thus, preventing dark hands and feet. Take few spoons of turmeric and add some milk to it. Mix together and apply on the hands and feet. Allow it to dry and wash off with water.
6. Saffron+Yogurt+Gram Flour Anti-Tan Face Pack: It’s one of the best saffron face packs to clear tan. Make a pack using a few strands of saffron, in besan and yogurt, and keep this pack overnight in the fridge. Apply this pack all over the body in the morning and rinse off after 30 minutes. Do this twice a week for better results.
7. Apply Fermented Rice Water: Rice water contains excellent skin lightening agents which can help to slough off the dead skin cells and also give lightening effect. Take some fermented rice water and apply on the feet and hands. Allow it to dry and wash off with cold water.
8. Here’s how you can do a “Tan Removal Pedicure” at Home.